NIELIT STUDENTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors

4 posters

Go down

Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors Empty Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors

Post by ESSPEE Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 am

Hi Friends,

First of all, let me tell you that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] does not use secure http protocol (HTTPS) for input validation i.e. Login ID and Password for the forum. Being in this field, I hope the implementation of https for this purpose would be done as soon as possible.

I have registered though. RISK ACCEPTED.

Now the topic:

So far I observed that most of the jobs pertaining to Information Security is in the Private Sectors and on contract basis. Its I need to know that what is the future of Information Security Professionals as Govt Employees.
ESSPEE
ESSPEE
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors Empty Re: Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors

Post by Admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Dear Esspee,
We respect your question and security concerned issues.firstly
we(NIELIT Team) want to tell you,may be you know,that all NIELIT
Students were lacking a platform where they can share knowledge.Even
when we were planning this forum,our main concern was NIELIT students
who are pursuing in distance mode.New institute,new course,many doubts
starts coming in new student mind.to solve those problems and
queries,we have made this forum.

to convert http into https,we will have to purchase SSL Certificates
that is out of budget for us.Even you can see,our forum do not have
any proper domain name(like .com,.in). reason is same as above.

As far as forum is concerned,you can easily understand that this is
newly started forum(started on 12-01-2014),even though  we have more
than 25 registered users.

We all are a team of pursuing student,Alumini of NIELIT,professional
that have only one thing in mind,share knowledge.

you also asked about that are all jobs only in private company.no my
dear frnd,anyone can also apply to DRDO,CDAC,NIELIT,CBI cyber
forensic,Govt banks(IBPS Special IT officer)and many more. As you
know,ethical hacking,information security,system security,these are
the emerging fields in India and its growing very fast. It is need of
hour.

Every second day Chinese hackers hack Indian govt. sites and steal
sensitive data.that why Deity  started this information security
scheme so that Indian govt could also have ethical hackers army.

if you still have doubt,mail us at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

your post are precious for us and will help
other member. Dont hesitate while posting,so share whatever you think useful for this forum.

and last word,
every forum of world run by its member not by admin,you and all
members are backbone
of this forum.

thank you
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://nielit.wikiforum.net

Back to top Go down

Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors Empty Re: Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors

Post by ashu4261 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 am

nice help admin sir i support u sir.after add on student then know about the feedback.then problem will resolve.
ashu4261
ashu4261
Chief mentor
Chief mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by ashu4261 Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 am

Dear Esspee,

There are various opportunity to information security proffessional in govt. sector because various crime held in the cyber world like :- atm fraud ,bank account tranfer fraud, border security to exchange information to other country.
ashu4261
ashu4261
Chief mentor
Chief mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by ESSPEE Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks to all for the reply. I understand the ground reality and really wish this forum grow up exponentially. HTTPS is not a huge concern for an open forum. I just want those user to be cautious and not to use their default password (usually people do that).

I am a Linux enthusiast and working on it since 2008. In Nov 2011, I started building up my own security oriented OS. So far I have released five versions on Sourceforge.net, called ESSPEE - Extreme Security Scanning Penetration testing and exploitation Environment ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

BackTrack (Now Kali Linux) was quite buggy at that time. I took the theme from there only. A proper write protection for Forensic Analysis (Written my own bash script for that). Included Android and Smartphone Forensics Tools. Build custom kernel for better performance and forensics.

In fact, I was so impressed with Linux (Open Source) community that I decided to contribute a little towards them.

Try this OS and let me know the feedback. I have done many modification till date and written many more useful scripts. Hope I will make it more useful in future.

Thanks
ESSPEE
ESSPEE
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by sachinrana135 Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Hey ESSPEE,
I am sachin,a final year student of B.Tech from Delhi.
I am also open source community supporter and also keen to contribute my work as you did through ESSPEE.but  I don't know where to start,as I am pure beginner in programming and linux OS.
I am curious to learn about linux administration as it is important to know if anybody wants to make career in system and information security.Linux OS play a vital role and I think it will.
I want to make my career in this field.I never thought about my first job income,I think only my career interest(whether I will be paid less,it does not matter).I am also ready anytime to do free internship in linux based companies,so that i could gain knowledge.I have also applied to 2 companies for internship,but unfortunately,did not get any response.
I strongly appreciate your work in ESSPEE, and know how much time and effort it would take.Hats off to you bro.
would you like to teach me or will give any suggestion or tips,so that I can launch my career in this field.I strongly needed guidance and i think you are the best person.
one request to you,please share your knowledge about Linux and who motivate you to make ESSPEE,time to time history of ESSPEE,where did you start,where did you learn all of this in this forum so that all member could take benefit from your knowledge.
thanx... Very Happy
sachinrana135
sachinrana135
Senior mentor
Senior mentor

Back to top Go down

Information Security - Jobs in Govt Sectors Empty Different topic - Linux

Post by ESSPEE Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 pm

I will be glad to open a new topic - All About Linux.

Its not the right topic where we should start discussion. In fact I too posted this message in the wrong place. Sorry.

ESSPEE
ESSPEE
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down